*** Members are advised that the current CPD period has been extended and will now end on 31st August 2021. Click here for more details ***
Continuing Professional Development is used to maintain and promote high standards of work within the profession and to broaden the knowledge and skills that an actuary applies in his or her professional duties.
The current CPD Scheme of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland came into effect at 6th September 2006. It is mandatory for all Fellow and Associate members.
The detailed requirements regarding the CPD to be completed during the CPD year are specified in an Actuarial Standard of Practice, ASP PA-1.
In this section:
- ASP PA-1, Continuing Professional Development
- Professionalism CPD Requirement Resources
- Guide to ASP PA-1 Version 1.4 including FAQs
- SAI Response to COVID-19 situation: CPD & Professionalism Training Requirements (issued 9/4/'20; updated 28/4/'20 and 28/7/'20)
- FAQ on Revisions to CPD Scheme to account for Impact of Pandemic
If you feel your specific query regarding CPD is not addressed in this document you can forward your query to email@example.com. However, we would ask that you consult with the above document first.
You can access a SAI video Guide for the CPD System below.