Continuing Professional Development is used to maintain and promote high standards of work within the profession and to broaden the knowledge and skills that an actuary applies in his or her professional duties.
The current CPD Scheme of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland came into effect at 6th September 2006. It is mandatory for all Fellow and Associate members.
The detailed requirements regarding the CPD to be completed during the CPD year are specified in an Actuarial Standard of Practice, ASP PA-1.
In this section:
- ASP PA-1, Continuing Professional Development
- Guide to the CPD System applying from 1st September 2021, including FAQs
- Professionalism Training Requirements
- Professionalism CPD Requirement Resources
- Note on Reflective Practice Discussion
- SAI Competency Framework
If you feel your specific query regarding CPD is not addressed in this document you can forward your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we would ask that you consult with the above document first.