8am: tea/coffee/light breakfast
8.30am - 1pm: Seminar
The first non-life insurance seminar with an Actuarial Pricing focus will be held on Wednesday 21st March 2018 at the Radisson Blu, Golden Lane Hotel. This is an exciting event for all non-life Insurance practitioners.
We have excellent speakers lined up to deliver this half day seminar with a strong agenda containing a great mix of technical, professional and hot topics. This includes renowned pricing expert Duncan Anderson (WTW) delivering a session on machine learning; Adrian O’Hagan/Sen Hu (UCD Insight) presenting advanced modelling techniques; a parallel session on commercial lines pricing with Eoin O’Baoighill (Milliman) or current hot-topics in personal lines pricing with Jennifer Quigley (WTW). Last but not least, there will be a very interesting professionalism session with a pricing focus led by Neil Hilary.
For those actuaries looking to keep up to date with Pricing developments as well as the impact that these developments have on other areas of Actuarial work, this is an event not to be missed. It also provides a great networking opportunity for all members working in the non-life industry.
This event is aimed at qualified and student actuaries working in non-life (Re)Insurance.
CPD hours: 4 hours (including 1.5 hours on Professionalism)
- 8.30am: Opening
- 8.35am: Machine Learning - Duncan Anderson
- 9.20am: Advanced Modelling Techniques for General Insurances Claims Data - Adrian O'Hagan / Sen Hu
- 10.15am: coffee break
- 10.40am: Parallel session - Commercial Lines Pricing (Eoin O'Baoighill) or Current hot-topics in Personal Lines Pricing (Jenny Quigley)
- 11.25am: YouCanNotLose - Neil Hilary (Professionalism Session)
- 12.45am: “Ambiguous illusion” (Cecilia Cheuk)
- 1.00pm: Close