Start Time: TBC
We are currently taking expressions of interest for the 10 part-funded places we have secured on the IFoA Climate Risk & Sustainability Course commencing 19th April 2023. Final date for expressions of interest is 15th March 2023.
To reserve one of these places please book through this event page.
10 places only - allocated on a first come basis. ONE PLACE REMAINING!
Members Only Event: Access to the course is currently restricted to those SAI members who are also IFoA members i.e. those who hold dual membership
These places will be part-funded by Sustainable Finance Skillnet (please see FAQ below). In order to avail of one of these places, members must first register their interest with ourselves. The Society will then provide details of the confirmed attendees to Sustainable Finance Skillnet who will manage the payment of matched funding and registration of candidates on the course with IFoA.
Who is organising this funding: This opportunity is organised by the Sustainable Finance Skillnet, with funding from the National Training Fund through the Department of Further & Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science.
Who is eligible for grant funding for this course? Any Irish-based employee of a financial services sector company who holds dual membership with the Society and IFoA. Publicly funded entities are not eligible.
How much grant funding is available? 70% grant funding is available to employers who are members of the International Sustainable Finance Centre of Excellence (ISFCOE), with the other 30% being matched funding payable by the employer. Non-members of the ISFCOE or observers can avail of 30% grant funding with the other 70% being matched funding. For any queries relating to matched funding or ISFCOE membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How is the matched funding payable? Matched funding must be paid up front – Sustainable Finance Skillnet will only make your booking on the course once payment has been received. Matched funding must be paid by your employer via bank transfer after being invoiced by Sustainable Finance Skillnet. Payment by company credit card is acceptable on a case by case basis.
Can I just pay the matched funding myself? Unfortunately not, Skillnet funding is a business support only. However, if your employer agrees (in writing) to reimburse you or expense the matched funding, then Skillnet can support you and you can pay the matched funding directly.
Course Cost: Total course fee is €630; The level of funding provided towards this is outlined above.
The purpose of this course is to provide members who complete the course with an understanding of:
- The main concepts of climate risk and sustainability that are relevant to actuaries
- How those concepts are relevant and what impact they might have on actuaries’ work; and
- How to apply these concepts in their work
The course is broken down into nine manageable modules. Modules 1 – 4 and 6 – 8 are self-study modules, whilst Modules 5 and 9 are half-day online seminars that have to be attended.
- Evidence of Man-made Climate Change and its Physical and Transitional Impacts
- The UN, NGOs, Other stakeholders and Sustainability
- Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and Financial Regulation
- Economics and Sustainability
- Intergenerational Issues
- Strategy and Risk Management
- Climate Models / Modelling
- Reporting and Communication
- Closing seminar including group presentation and discussion.
View the full syllabus in attachment below.