EIOPAs Sustainable Finance Conference 2022
Announcement from the EIOPA organiser:
Our society is increasingly vulnerable to losses and damage from climate change. Innovation and cooperation are needed to adapt to highly disruptive systemic events, such as pandemics or large cyber-attacks.
The insurance and pensions sectors are called on to foster resilience by managing risk not only from an environmental but also from a social perspective, to contribute to citizens’ financial health.
Addressing sustainability risks and opportunities therefore remains a key priority for EIOPA, to enhance consumer protection and secure financial stability.
As in previous years, EIOPA’s 2022 Sustainable Finance Conference will gather regulators, industry and stakeholders to critically assess efforts in delivering on sustainability goals.
Register via this link, latest by Friday, 2 December 2022.
Participation is free of charge and there is no limit to the number of participants from each organisation.
The link to the web stream will be shared with the registered participants 1 day prior to the conference.
- Keynote speeches and impulse talks, including from Petra Hielkema, Chairperson of EIOPA.
- Panel discussions on:
- The macro-economic challenges of climate change; and
- Presentations on
- The fiduciary duty of IORPs in light of sustainability considerations
- The insurance regulatory framework for sustainability risks and factors; and
- Insurance protection gaps for natural catastrophes.
Details on the agenda and speakers will be shared closer to the date of the event.