7.30am - 8.00am: Light Breakfast
8.00am - 10.00am: Forum
The Demography Committee is pleased to host a morning of mortality insight and discussion. The session is accessible to interested members at all levels of experience and will cover the following topics:
- Introduction and overview of work of the Demography Committee (Caroline Twomey & Aidan Kennedy)
- The Irish Insured Lives Mortality Investigation (Shane Prendergast & Caroline Twomey, SAI Demography Committee) Shane and Caroline will present the Societies’ upcoming paper on the Irish Insured Lives Mortality Investigation (IILMI). Based on data from a number of domestic insurers, the paper looks at the experience of Irish Annuity and Assurance business relative to a range of industry mortality tables.
- Improvements in the Irish population with consideration for a variety of improvement projection models (Karl Murray & Mary Hall, SAI Demography Committee)
- Recent developments in UK Mortality and Improvements (Matthew Edwards, CMI Executive) Matthew will discuss recent CMI work on developments in UK mortality and improvement. This will include discussion of:
- Recent trends in improvements including CMI_2018 and improvements amongst the under 60s
- Recent annuity and assurance experience and what this might mean in terms of future mortality tables
- Recent pensions experience and the S3 tables
LIA Accreditation: This event has been accredited by the LIA.
Institute of Bankers Accreditation: This event has been accredited by the Institute of Bankers.