The Aon Risk Maturity Index is an innovative tool that is designed to capture and assess an organization’s risk management practices and provide participants with immediate feedback in the form of a Risk Maturity Rating, along with comments for improvement.
The Aon Risk Maturity Index combines the experience and knowledge of Aon Risk Solutions, Aon Global Risk Consulting and Aon Hewitt into an easy-to-understand questionnaire on risk management processes, corporate governance and risk understanding. Questions align with the 10 characteristics of risk maturity:
1. Board Understanding & Commitment to Risk Management
2. Executive Level Risk Management Stewardship
3. Risk Communication
4. Risk Culture: Engagement & Accountability
5. Risk Identification
6. Stakeholder Participation in Risk Management
7. Risk Information & Decision Making Processes
8. Integrating Risk Management & Human Capital Processes
9. Risk Analysis & Quantification to Understand Risk & Demonstrate Value
10.Risk Management Focus on Value Creation
All responses and risk maturity ratings are held confidential; any reports from Aon and Wharton will cite data only in the aggregate. Please note that The Wharton School receives no compensation for its involvement in the Aon Risk Maturity Index.