8.30am - Registration & tea/coffee/pastries
9.00am - Convention commences
4.35pm - Convention finishes
The Society is delighted to announce that this year we are offering an even wider choice of topics at our Annual Convention. The Agenda includes:
- Presentations covering all of the main practice areas;
- *Professionalism Skills Session;
- Review of the Year and an eye to the Future;
- Sessions on topics to appeal to members in non-traditional actuarial fields;
- *Presentation on Unconscious Bias;
- *The Communications Clinic will present on Communicating in the Workplace; and
- Donal Casey, FSAI and CEO Rory McIlroy Inc., will present on Wider Fairways – not as far away as it appears.
*(Accredited by the IFoA for the purposes of their Professional Skills Training requirement).
The full agenda, descriptions of the topics and biographies of the speakers are posted below.
Dress Code: Business attire.
The LIA & IOB has accredited the following sessions:
|Title||LIA Accreditation Number||Accredited for||IOB Accreditation Number||Accredited for|
|The EU PRIIPs Rule||LIA-O-14831||Savings & Investment|
|Irish Pension Scheme use of LDI||LIA-O-14831||Savings & Investment||2017-1704||Savings & Investments|
|The 4% Rule of Thumb||LIA-O-14798||Pensions|
|The Wealth of Pensions||LIA-O-14798||Pensions|
|Irish Non-Life Claims Environment||LIA-O-14811||General Insurance|
|General Insurance Forum||LIA-O-14811||General Insurance||2017-1703||General Insurance|
*** Cancellation Policy for the Society’s Annual Convention ***
- A substitution can be made at any time, bearing in mind that it is a ‘members only’ event. Please email the name of your substitute to the Society;
- Online cancellations may be made up to close of business on Friday 2nd June;
- From Monday 5th June, online cancellations or cancellations notified by contacting the Society directly will incur a 50% cancellation fee; and
- No shows, or those cancelling on the day, will be charged in full.
*You can cancel online by going to ‘My Reservations’
LIA Accreditation: This event has been accredited by the LIA.
Institute of Bankers Accreditation: This event has been accredited by the Institute of Bankers.
Professionalism Training: This event includes Professionalism Training.