In order to qualify and practice as an actuary in Ireland, there are a number of requirements including registration with the appropriate actuarial bodies and completing the necessary exams.
The links below should provide you with all of the information you will need to begin your career as an actuary:
- Becoming an Actuary - a guide to a career as an actuary (PDF guide)
- A career as an Actuary
- The Society of Actuaries in Ireland
- Society of Actuaries Ireland Membership
- Actuarial Exam Registration
- Actuarial Exams Explained
- Guide for Student Actuaries in Ireland (PDF guide)
Additional information is also avalable in our brochures below.
|This booklet provides a guide to a career as an actuary. It is suitable for school leavers, parents, teachers, university students, career guidance counsellors and other members of the public who are interested in the role of actuaries in Ireland.||
This guide provides information to familiarise you with the Society of Actuaries in Ireland, the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA), which is the examining body, and to provide practical advice in terms of the actuarial exams.