The Society's vision for the actuarial profession in Ireland is:
"Actuaries are recognised by our clients and policymakers as the leading profession in the use of financial modelling and risk management skills to enhance the long-term financial position of individuals and institutions."
Our Role as the professional body representing actuaries is:
- To develop the role and standing of the actuarial profession in Ireland and enhance its reputation
- To support actuaries throughout their career so that they have the skills, attributes and knowledge appropriate to both current and future needs of actuarial practice.
- To develop, maintain and enforce actuarial standards that require actuaries to advise their clients with integrity, professionalism and objectivity.
In order to deliver on this Role, our goals are to:
- Enable the profession to grow rapidly and attract high quality people;
- Position the profession such that it is held in high regard by clients and policymakers and has a leadership role in the measurement and management of risk in the financial world;
- Position the profession as a dynamic profession with the skills and competencies to move on to new areas;
- Enable the profession to sustain strong regulatory positions;
- Add value for members;
- Support members in keeping actuarial and business skills relevant and up to date;
- Enable the profession to play a full role in the global actuarial profession;
- Successfully input on behalf of the profession on public policy and wider business issues.
The Strategy Plan discusses the current position and our objectives in relation to each of the three aspects of our Role. It also sets out the specific actions that we will take over the three-year period of the Plan in order to fulfil our Role.