On the 30th September Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Ireland, Cyril Roux, provided the keynote address on Cyber Risk at the Society’s annual “Risk Management Perspectives” Conference.
Stating that cybersecurity and cyber risk is rapidly moving up the Central Bank’s supervisory agenda, the Deputy Governor spoke on the following topics as part of his address:
- Raising awareness of cybersecurity risk;
- Sources of cybersecurity incidents;
- Worrying trends in cybercrime;
- Employee risk: Insider-Threat and Human Error;
- Outsourcing Risk;
- Cyber insurance market;
- Potential systemic risks need to be better understood;
- Recent Central Bank initiatives to address cybersecurity; and
- Central Bank expectations of firms.