4.00pm - 4.30pm: Tea/Coffee
4.30pm - 6.00pm: Meeting
The Society’s ERM Committee has established a CRO Circle which aims to give actuaries who are Chief Risk Officers, or who lead a Risk Management function, an opportunity to connect with fellow members in similar roles, and to discuss and share knowledge on issues of common interest in a supportive and confidential environment.
The Circle aims to be an open, informal and discursive forum, organised on a “round table” basis.
The Circle’s terms of reference are available here.
The first meeting of the CRO Circle will take place on Thursday, 22nd November at 4.30pm until 6pm in the Marker Hotel, Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2.
At this meeting, Billy Galavan (CRO with Zurich Life Assurance) will provide an update following his attendance at a CRO forum at AAE level.
*Members are asked to suggest topics from the following list that they would like to discuss at this upcoming Circle:
- Recent or upcoming regulatory changes
- Design of the risk management function and team within an organisation
- Approaches to “Own Solvency Needs” in an ORSA
- Working effectively with Heads of Actuarial Function
- Effective Risk communication with INEDs
- The value (or otherwise) of Operational Risk Capital models
- Risk Culture
- Operational risk
- Conduct risk
Please email your suggested topics to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 5th November.
Members will be free to continue informal networking over a drink afterwards.
Who should attend?
Any members of the Society who are currently filling a CRO role, or who lead a Risk Management function, are welcome to join the Circle.
* Members should be mindful of competition rules in suggesting topics and in the discussions themselves. The list of topics discussed and any actions arising will be recorded to demonstrate compliance with these rules