12 - 2pm: forum
The next Head of Actuarial Function forum for Non-Life (re)insurance actuaries will take place on Tuesday 20th September at 12pm – 2pm in the Chartered Accountants House Boardroom.
In order to attend this event, you must be an SAI member and be appointed to the HoAF role in a Non-Life company or expect to take on this role in the near future.
- Sylvia Cronin’s comments on HoAFs
- Considerations for HoAFs of composite entities
- What is the group’s view on assessing whether risks are consistent with their Risk Appetite.
- How far is it necessary to go in justifying Expert Judgements?
- Domestic Actuarial Regime – ORSA opinion (2.1; 5c) – continual compliance for TPs and risks arising from uncertainties in the calculation
- Managing potential conflicts of interest where the HoAF produces work which he later must opine on
- What feedback we can expect from the CBI in relation to QRTs, ORSA, Actuarial Function reports, etc. and when we might expect this feedback.
- Collateralised reinsurance in the SCR calculation - how to allow for partial collateralisation
- CP103 requirement to provide an “Opinion on the ORSA Process” – must the HoAFs test the implementation of processes e.g. implementation of ORSA Policy, test record of the ORSA, et cetera
- Peer Review of TPs – if this is a “second line” control, can it be performed by External Audit (third line)?